Cash Application Specialist
- GE Capital
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:43:20 PM
- Job Function: Financial Services Operations
- Business Segment: Capital Industrial Finance
Location(s): Canada; Ontario; Mississauga
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a member of Working Capital Solutions, you will be responsible for Cash Applications activities related to a GE business portfolio. This position offers international exposure within GE Capital and across the GE Industrial businesses and functions, which provides an ambitious candidate in this role with opportunities to develop a career.
• Day to day management of incoming customer receipts and posting to the appropriate customer account and invoices, system load and balancing.
• Follow up with credit and collections department and internal customers directly where necessary.
• Inspect cheques for date, currency, banking location, and amount.
• Provide daily bank estimate and final bank deposit.
• Carrying out bank account reconciliations and general ledger postings required by established accounting procedures.
• Redefining banking requirements to increase automation of processes in conjunction of the transfer of work of receivables management to the GECARS platform (Accounts Receivable System).
• Ensure all related procedures and policies are followed and system cash integrity maintained.
• Ensure all audit requirements are met including Anti-Money Laundering.
• The role will also have occasional interaction with GE Treasury function (Corporate).
In addition the role will include ad-hoc tasks in support of the Working Capital Solutions collections leadership team.
• College diploma/University degree in business/accounting/finance and/or cash application / accounts receivable work experience.
• High skills required with Microsoft Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook or comparable software applications. Specifically excel skills are key
• Demonstrated effective cash applications skills, with detail orientation and knowledge of reporting to the supervisor.
• Comfortable with working with various Accounts Receivable systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer-focused.
• Demonstrated ability to improve processes within the scope of the role by close interaction with credit and collections team and Business Units.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities.
• Result oriented, able to succeed in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of customer organizations.
Excellent team player.
* University degree in business/accounting/finance
* Knowledge / experience in international banking
Locations: Canada; Ontario; Mississauga