GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world’s first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
We are a leading provider of automation and control products and services for equipment and plant control in Power Generation, Process, and Manufacturing industries. Our differentiated Industrial Internet solutions enable customers to optimize equipment performance and ensure reliable and efficient operations by connecting their equipment, data, and people to Insights and Actions generated through Analytics. Our Edge solutions include Outcome Optimizing Controls, Field Agents, Operator Interface products, and an Industrial Communications portfolio for hard to connect distributed assets. Our dedicated team includes some of the best minds in automation capable of solving our customers’ toughest challenges. GE Automation & Controls is a business unit within GE Energy Connections
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Automation & Control Business Development Manager (BDM) owns the customer relationship for a limited set of new and existing accounts. For each account the BDM will develop and execute a strategy for future account growth for GE Intelligent Platform’s Control Hardware solutions for our Automation, Embedded Controls, and Industrial Internet to meet or exceed annual sales goal.
As the Automation & Control Business Development Manger, you will:
- Be responsible for large, complex accounts that require higher level of selling expertise and executive presence to cover multiple customer locations, potentially across geographies, and suppliers (Panel shops, Integrators, equipment builders)
- Be accountable for identifying customer challenges, crafting solutions with current GE Intelligent Platform offerings, and providing feedback into product management for developing and meeting new requirements
- Develop effective relationships with decision makers and executives at each customer
- Utilize SalesForce.com selling strategies for account/opportunity development, management, and tracking
- Own the orders forecasting, sales pipeline, and overall relationship for each account
- Leverage the “Big GE” by coordinating across multiple GE divisions to solve customer challenges and enhance value and loyalty through the introduction of GE Corporate programs. (e.g. Industrial Internet, Minds + Machines)
- Demonstrate compliance to GE Spirit and Letter, law or government regulation; report any associated risks