GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
GE Grid Software Solutions is a leading supplier in the energy segment globally and helps utilities better manage resources and drive greater productivity and profitability through its wide range of Software solutions. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our software solutions.
Continuation of Role Summary/Purpose
GE delivers one of the broadest portfolio offerings in the industry which covers Electricity, Gas, Water and Telco sectors allowing customers to plan, build and manage their network assets more effectively.
The Growth Leader Business will be responsible for promoting growth in the Asset Management & Analytics segment, developing and driving a commercial strategy and supporting overall deal closure for Software Solutions products and services to end user customers within the Europe & Africa Region.
The role requires exceptional outcome selling skills and curiosity to understand business models, markets and operational profiles, as to establish a deep understanding of our customers’ most important business outcomes, and partner with our product, development and engineering teams to align our product roadmap strategy. In addition, it will be required to translate customer requirements into solutions and to easily switch between long term sales cycles for business-critical solutions and short term sales cycles for agile and focused applications.
The position requires exceptional influencing skills with all level decision-makers to drive new thinking about how they run their business.
In this position, you will:
• Achieve Asset Management & Analytics order intake targets for Europe and Africa regions Qualifications/Requirements:
• Demonstrate commercial and technical expertise in Software Solutions
• Build customer relationships and communication at all levels
• Provide Leadership, Support and Direction to deliver on growth targets
• Conduit for solutions, detailed understanding of customer's business model and how GE can continue to deliver added value to the customer
• Lead strategy development jointly with Sales Directors and support deal closure
• Ability/desire to influence a team of experienced sales professionals
• Provide feedback regarding market trends, pricing and competition to commercial operations and P&L.
• Interface with the marketing/commercialization organization to develop high value solutions and create customer specific (NPI) New product Investment and or (CFD) Customer Funded Development in line with portfolio strategy
• Matrix with existing functional and P&L teams to achieve growth objectives and resolve customer issues
• Collaborate with segment to share and develop strategies to be successful in all products and markets
• Collaborate with product management to share expected customer outcomes from our solutions and align to product roadmap strategy
• Maintain and grow GE presence in specified Key Accounts
• Attend customer meetings, customer presentations and executive level selling and alliance relationships
• Enforce availability of win/loss data for as many opportunities as possible
• Pro-actively listen, learn and empower others to be successful and to inspire and lead to drive accountability and to deliver results with absolute integrity
• Degree in Business, Engineering or other technical or business field or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Substantive software sales experience
• Proactive work style, creativity, energy. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a distributed, pan-European and matrix sales structure. Self-starter with high energy level is key to success in this position.
• Experience on advanced analytics solutions in T&D verticals
• Proven track record establishing relationships at C level: CEO, CTO, CIO and CFO level service provider executives.
• Knowledge of Information Technology (IT) industry (software products, markets, technology trends).
• Customer oriented/Growth mindset
• Must be able to generate immediate credibility on different key customer relationships and to promote win-win sales strategies.
• Must be able to generate immediate credibility on different levels externally and internally. Ability to develop key customer relationships and to promote win-win sales strategies.
• First class sales acumen with strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills. Excellent negotiating & closing skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationships / team building.
• Unyielding commitment to integrity and the GE values.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Fluency in English. Locations:
• Other European languages desired.
France, United Kingdom; Cambridge