GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
As our new Customer Application Engineer, you will report to the Digital Solutions Leader / Senior Product Manager and be responsible for driving the ongoing attainment of outcomes for GE Digital’s strategic customers. You will also be aligned with the Power Digital Application Engineering team. Essential Responsibilities:
In this role you will utilize conceptual thinking and leverage a team of experts to quickly determine applicability of GE software and remote technology solutions to solving various power generation customer related issues. Your focus will be on the other-OEM (oOEM) business but that may entail coordinating across GE for a total solution.
As our application engineer, you will:
- Generate technical proposals for the GE Power Digital suite of products and services, including but not limited to: Asset Performance Management (APM), Operations Optimization (OO), Business Optimization (BO), and Cyber Security Hardware Solutions.
- Support oOEM business deliverables, and engaging in the generation of solutions using software, remote services, and cyber security.
- Collaborate with other GE business units on technical proposals that include GE Digital and/or Software COE solutions.
- Provide engineering leadership and have responsibility for all technical aspects of assessing each opportunity upfront for feasibility.
- Identify risk areas and address technical issues inherent with proposed technical solutions.
- Review customer specifications and ensure offering satisfies requirements and identify exceptions and/or clarifications.
- Coordinate with customers, GE regional and software sales teams, software operations support team, and key Power Generation Services organizations to ensure the software solution is compatible with the unit, the customer needs, GE design standards, and established quoting limits.
- Work closely with sales, solution architects, subject matter experts, and commercial operations on timely delivery and turnaround of technical proposal scope
- Track opportunity status
- Revising proposals as necessary
- Assuring all opportunities follow defined processes
- Generating cost estimates for proposed solutions
- Supporting regional commercial operations on converting the technical proposal into a ‘ready to deliver’ commercial proposal
- Review and own proposal related metrics.
- Collaborate on Sourcebook Articles/Technical Proposal Templates.
- Ability to work within a short cycle, occasionally high-pressure environment.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Travel should be less than 10% of the time but would be in the US and global
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in business discipline
- Significant experience in a commercial, engineering, or technical sales function associated with power generation product knowledge.
- Fluent Italian or French & English is required for this role. An additional European language would be a strong advantage.
- Experience using SFDC (Salesforce) and Big Machines
- Familiarity with combined cycle power plants of multiple configurations
- Familiarity with power generation customers and the aftermarket services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
- Proven track record for delivering results and leading teams in a dynamic business environment
- Strong customer focus mindset and willingness to meet tight deadlines
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a B2B environment
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
- General urgency in execution and tendency toward speed with ability to adapt and change
- Proven ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Enthusiasm to try new things and be comfortable charging into the unknown
Locations: France, Italy; Milan, Paris