GE Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace.
We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed … so GE Works. Role Summary:
A truly unique opportunity to translate your IT knowledge into practice within different GE businesses. As part of our growing function you can spend six+six months in different IT teams to drive innovation and simplification. During your internship, you will have a chance to get a mentor and participate on various trainings. Essential Responsibilities:
• IT Project Management: work with a Senior IT Project Manager on various initiatives, like new system implementation, process simplification, change management and ERP (SAP & Oracle) projects.
• Software Development: get hands on experience with latest technology software development in an enterprise environment, to support different functions (e.g. HR, finance, marketing).
• Big Data: get familiar with GE's approach and tools of how to collect, analyze and visualize large amount of industrial data from all of our businesses.
• IT Infrastructure/Operations/Security: support end users and manufacturing sites’ IT systems and infrastructure, including network, servers, telecom.
• Business Intelligence: create, customize and maintain dashboards for upper management to support decision making
What we offer:
• A manager who helps with coaching to start you career
• Becoming familiar with enterprise standards, ERP systems and cutting edge technologies (e.g. AWS, iOS, Big Data, Tableu, Python, Salesforce.com)
• Personal mentor and exposure to senior professionals
• Understanding of more functional areas and industries
• Joining the intern community of GE's Hungary IT Center
• Competitive salary and additional benefits
• Longer term opportunities to join GE permamently in full time entry level roles including Information Technology Leadership Program
Ongoing university studies or fresh graduate in IT, Engineering or Business Information Systems
Work authorization to be employed in Hungary and the EU
Ability to work at least 3 days/week
Proven passion for IT technologies or trends beyond your university studies
Confident written and verbal English skills
Good interpersonal, communication and team-work skills
Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary Desired Characteristics:
Demonstrated software development or project management activities
Extracurricular activities (student organizations, own projects, previous internship, etc.)