Software Engineer - Front End Development
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:01:17 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Grid Solutions
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Seek and provide feedback on design and development
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Possess advanced Energy & Utilities domain knowledge.
• Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in Software Development OR Masters degree with 4 years of experience in Software Development OR PhD with 2 years of experience in Software Developer
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java & .NET coding principles
• Hands-on experience with Cloud/SaaS Multi-tenant Applications using Java, Angular or ReactJs.
• Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English)
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai