- GE Aviation
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:02:38 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Aviation Digital
Location(s): Turkey; Gebze
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
You will be part of the software development team to operate in global structure to create an agile environment for build needs, and convey that vision to service agile team. As the Scrum Master, you will coach the team, make sure a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as stories from Product Owners and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt.
In this role, you will:
• Coach Development Team by having collaboration with business and functional partners and technology leaders to enable Agile Software Development methodologies
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
• Engage with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification
• Engage with Product Management in story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation
• Facilitate the backlog management with Product Management Teams and Development Team; continuously ensure prioritizations and 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready by PO.
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Work with Agile Transformation Leader for effective execution and alignment
• Remove roadblocks of the development team in collaboration with Product Managers and Agile Transformation Leader
• Facilitate Agile Ceremonies
• Apply Agile principles to translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
• Show increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product
• Demonstrate ability to influence customers and product managers through persuasion and influencing on Agility.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in software development in web technologies or 3 years experience in the same domain with Master’s degree
• Scrum Master Certification
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Experience working with others on a global basis
• Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
• Experience working in Agile engineering environment
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options, including Java, Node.js, Go, Python.
• Familiarity with CI/CD processes and Agile quality standards and tools.
Locations: Turkey; Gebze