Location(s): United States; Ohio; Vandalia, Dayton
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Vandalia Inspector will perform all responsibilities of Inspection for all customer applications.
Essential Responsibilities: • Provide electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical, or similarly related inspection
• Performs dimensional and visual inspection on a wide variety of incoming and outgoing electrical/mechanical components, materials, and supplies against drawings and quality instructions for damage and defects following standard procedures
• Document inspection findings in the Quality system detailing results, error and/or damage, etc. Verifies compliance with industry standards and customer requirements
• Coordinates corrective actions with other support functions ex. Quality, Admin, Eng.
• Maintain an excellent record of attendance and punctuality
• Work in a team-based environment
• Make decisions based on experience and available data
• Accept and provide constructive criticism
• Maintain a positive attitude
• Demonstrate an ambition to excel and advance in skills and knowledge
• Conform to all EHS guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing proper PPE
• Work in an area where there may be moderate noise intensity (85 to 89.9 dBa) and areas where hearing protection is required
• Work in an area where, due to normal machining operations, there may be dust, fumes, or smoke (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels)
• Lift up to 25 pounds repetitively, occasionally lift up to 35 pounds non-repetitively, and sometimes lift over 35 pounds with assistance
• Successful candidate may be required to take classes in team building, environmental health and safety, and/or other on-the-job training to learn specific assignments
• Comply with and support all GE policies and the “Integrity: The Spirit and The Letter of Our Commitment” guide
Qualifications/Requirements: • High school diploma or equivalent
• Able and willing to read blueprints, drawings, schematics
• Able and willing to read and understand applicable information such as written instructions, procedures and specifications that apply to daily work operations
Desired Characteristics: • 1 year of experience in electronic/mechanical/electro-mechanical Inspection
• Able and willing to perform mechanical measurements using scales, calipers, and gauges
• Able and willing to operate a Manual Cordax CMM machine
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.