GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power’s Water & Process Technologies is a global business that focuses on the world’s most complex water-related challenges in more than 100 countries. Employing approximately 8,000 people and headquartered in Trevose, PA, Water & Process Technologies provides innovative solutions that address the growing demand for increased water availability and quality, while improving customers’ productivity and meeting more stringent environmental regulations. GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid 2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Responsibility for the direct line management of Account Managers and Field Service Representatives. To achieve on-going sales growth and meet specific sales and profitability targets in a defined customer territory by selling the full portfolio of products and services to the defined customer territory.
• To develop expertise to deliver on-going profitable sales growth, and profitability targets, while selling the full portfolio of products in the defined customer territory.
• Work with the Account Managers to ensure that the profitability and productivity plans as defined by the Sales Director are met.
• Provide accurate sales forecasts to the Sales Director and Finance within defined timelines.
• Effectively engage appropriate resources i.e. Product Applications & ChemFeed for any sales opportunities that require specific sales support.
• Plan and implement a price rise strategy across the customer territory, liaising where required with Pricing and Commercial Operations team.
• Manage and coach all Account Managers to execute all the major responsibilities as defined in the Job Profile of an Account Manager, without day-to-day support, through a comprehensive coaching and training programme.
• Work alongside the Growth Team to uncover and develop new business sales opportunities.
• Maintain a growth and sales plan, with a healthy recurring opportunity pipeline using GE provided tools, to meet specified sales growth and profitability targets.
EHS & Compliance
• Ensure all reports work in a safe manner at all times when delivering company objectives and comply with internal, legislative and customer EHS requirements and policies.
• Implement the company Legionella policy for customers who have systems classified within existing EHS policies.
• To act at all times in compliance with the GE Spirit and Letter policies when maintaining and developing relationships with customers.
• Manage the Area's service resource to define, agree and ensure execution of customer service plans as defined by contracts, ensuring the level of knowledge of the service team satisfies the customer needs, meets all internal & external EHS and quality standards. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Optimise the service activities for all customers in the territory, to maximise productivity as well as providing adequate cover for Holidays.
• Audit activities to ensure the assigned service personnel carry out, the agreed service activities and to provide the necessary verbal and written recommendations to ensure the safe and efficient operation of customer processes that we interface with through our service programmes and to review any treatment programme for effectiveness and profitability on an on-going basis.
• Participate in all major customer review meetings.
• Ensure implementation of the Value Delivery model all customer sites.
• Report to the Sales Director the progress of the Account Managers responsibilities within agreed timelines.
• Develop customer relationships and networks at key Accounts.
• Chemistry degree or equivalent scientific qualification or equivalent knowledge & experience.
• Relevant experience in the water/ process treatment sales.
• Account Management or sales experience in a water treatment company or industrial plant (i.e. steel mill, refinery, chemical plant, power plant).
• Availability to travel within assigned area, including overnight stops.
• Possession of driving license required.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• A proven track record in an account manager role, with relevant experience or a suitable alternative commercial environment.
• Ability to effectively support multiple managers and teams.
• Good project management and reporting skills.
• Successful candidate will have a demonstrated knowledge of the measurements, place and value selling strategies.
• Proven track record of exceeding aggressive sales quotas.
• Successful track record penetrating new accounts and markets.
• Effective benefit-oriented presentation skills.
• Goal oriented self-starter.
• Selling & Strategic Account experience.
• Development skills with high integrity.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Tools Proficiency with PC skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Strong candidate identified; qualified candidates are still encouraged to apply.
Locations: United Kingdom; South East / London