GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Market Development Director in GE Digital actively develop & incubate digital transformative initiatives across key industrial verticals, build upon their commercial and consulting experience of validating investment opportunities; due diligence; transactions and structuring investment; post-transaction integration and /or commercialization. Essential Responsibilities:
As GE Digital expands globally, we will need a core team of leaders to implement a common approach for white space digital transformative projects - taking the best of San Ramon (GED HQ) to the regions.
The individual will work closely with GE Global Growth Organization (GGO), GE local business units, GE Digital commercial team, GE Digital Channels & Alliance colleagues to accelerate GE Digital platform and solutions adoption locally.
The Market Development Manager leads the regional development efforts for GE Digital in a specific emerging market across the region. Incubate “market maker” opportunities by vertical and solution focus. Activate, incubate, onboard new business. Manage long-term planning within the region for the GE Digital business strategy; contributing to the overall market strategy and develop organic growth strategy, identify and select opportunities including review of target clients. Evaluate and structure commercial deals. Working as part of a team on numerous complex and sometimes sensitive assignments, performing the role of trusted advisor/consultant will play to your strengths in:
- Advising clients to map current digital transformative needs and understand short, mid and long term opportunities
- Enabling the business to increase the regional funnel by 15% YoY and incubate validated commercial opportunities of $2M
- Build deep and trustworthy relationships with clients and enable the business to establish a strong network of influencers and key opinion leaders
- Facilitate and own client’s commercial journey from Co-discovering of needs, Co-creating of opportunities and contributing to bids.
- Work in a cross-functional environment to own, progress and close a business case that feeds into proposal development
- Working in a collaborative team environment to deliver successful client assignments that achieve and exceed clients' expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution or MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of professional experience in consulting, business development & market development.
- Ability to perform & own business cases/financial analysis and preparing Market Development plans
- GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
- Understanding of software/digital ecosystem
- Team player with the ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a solid finance background
- Multiple-language proficiency desired
- Understanding of global markets
- Strong oral and written and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Sales and/ or management consulting background a plus.
- Strong project management skills