GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Experience, innovation and imagination have enabled GE Water & Process Technologies to supply complete water and wastewater treatment solutions to industrial and municipal clients across Canada. GE’s people and solutions are ready to tackle Canada’s most challenging water and wastewater needs whether for municipal drinking water or thriving industrial sites such as the Alberta Oil Sands.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – Imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer Role Summary:
Position Title: Platform Engineering Intern, Mechanical
GE Business: GE Water & Process Technologies
Location: Guelph, ON Canada
Duration: 12 Months
Anticipated Start Date: September 2017
Essential Responsibilities: The Position:
Number of positions: 1
Application Deadline: August 8, 2017
As the Platform Engineering Intern, you will be joining a dynamic, multi-disciplined environment as part of the Platform Engineering – Fastworks team, developing and sustaining water and wastewater treatment systems. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of mechanical engineering. You will gain exposure supporting the engineering team and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting engineering changes for existing platform systems, including design and drafting;
• Participating in the development of new designs;
• Creating and presenting cost analyses;
• Developing Bills of Materials;
• Specifying and sourcing equipment/components;
• Checking and cross referencing drawings;
• Preparing engineering presentations, and;
• Supporting prototype builds and testing. Qualifications/Requirements: Do you qualify?
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience)
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Keen attention to detail
• 3rd year or higher Bachelor Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Mechatronics) or equivalent related discipline
• Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term
- Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process
- Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
Canada; Ontario; Guelph