CNC Machinist Class A (PMT)
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 8/2/2017 6:50:30 AM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Saudi Arabia; Dammam
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for the manufacture and re-certification machining of new & used parts and products.
• Safe working practices and implementing and enforcing EHS and good housekeeping procedures and policies.
• Set up and machine components on state of the art CNC machines tools in a compliant and safe manor.
• Self-Inspection of machined components and complete work order dimensional inspection form.
• Adhere to the Company Quality and EHS Systems and Quality procedures and protocols.
• Ability to anaylize machining problems and consider solutions.
• Interpret, understand and relate ISO engineering drawings to practical applications
• Flexible and adaptable to changing task requirements.
• Interpret written work instructions
• Make independent judgement to utilize time efficiently to meet the demand of a manufacturing environment, without any compromise of quality
• Ensure consumable costs are in line with or better than the set standard and report any discrepancies and improvement suggestions.
• Aptitude to be trained in new procedures and methods.
• Training of new employees to operating level and in the company’s EHS protocols.
• Adhere to the quality system controls of system processes.
• To assist in planning for improved methods of productivity.
• Meet delivery schedules, pre-set time for operations and quality of product.
• Participation in identifying and finding solutions to problems.
• Material movements and machine loading within the operating area, including overhead crane operation.
• Other assigned tasks as required
• School leaving certificate or similar diploma
• Mechanical/Engineering back ground and experience in CNC Machining. Preferably a time served trade.
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Basic understanding of mathematics.
• Computer literacy (Basic)
• Understanding of modern machining methods and techniques.
• Working understanding of ISO engineering drawings
• Good communication skills.
• fresh up to 3 years of experience within a medium to large sized CNC manufacturing facility.
• Adaptable and Flexible to varied work rotations
• Previous CNC machining experience
• Knowledge of Fanuc and ISO CNC controls and basic programming.
• Certified skill trade ~ equivalent to 2-4 years apprenticeship/scholarship
• Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Exposure within an ISO certified company.
• Exposure to API (American Petroleum Institute) products and standards.
• Experience working in heavy industries.
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Dammam