Sr Software Engineer
- GE Digital
- Posted 8/2/2017 7:50:02 AM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Applications
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to design discussions.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
Locations: India; Bangalore