About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
The Employee HR Manager is the first point of contact for managers and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. This role is critical in executing our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This role will be directly aligned to a complex, defined employee population spread across the country. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple leaders and employees within a complex geography, including supporting multiple matrix organizations with acquired businesses, union relations, or regional footprints.
- Guide and coach managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate.
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; address concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment.
- Act as a local expert in HR related topics, including local market trends. Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance.
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like Performance Development, People Review, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation.
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care.
- Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances, making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to new team members or HR Specialists/Generalists.
- Lead other site-wide HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groups.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of labor and business environment of assigned geography
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
- Minimum of 5 years professional work in the Human Resources function with responsibilities such as recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, employee development or performance management.
- Experience working in Latin America countries and in a matrix work environment preferred.
- Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions; manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
∙ Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
- Proponent of the Partnership HR model, understands the benefits
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources
- GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program