Engineer 2 - Field Services
- GE Power
- Posted 8/5/2017 9:55:47 AM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): India; Vadodara, Gujarat
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Field Service Engineer for Petrochemical/Refinery based out in Gujarat region. Working with Account Manager, FSR will be responsible for achieving defined goals & objectives as well as working safely, compliantly and efficiently within a customer account/s.
Field Engineer will take guidance from Account Manager/technical team and will service, recommend changes, report and communicate treatment performance with customer representatives in accordance with the commercial agreement.
EHS & Compliance -
• Deliver all aspects of the agreed contract including sampling, testing, reporting and consulting directly with the customer. Ensure they work in a safe manner at all times when delivering company objectives and comply with internal, legislative and customer EHS requirements and policies.
• Train the site team on safety aspects on regular basis..
• To act at all times in compliance with the GE Spirit and Letter policies when maintaining and developing relationships with customers.
• Understand the commercial agreement at assigned customer site and ensure the Account Manager is made aware of any customer requested scope change or over consumption to maintain profitability.
• Ensure the Account Manager is made aware of any Customer Contact changes.
• Identify opportunities for upsell at site either from process or water and communicate to Account Manager.
• Ensure a service plan is defined by the Account manager and then optimize the service activities at the assigned customers, to maximize productivity & profitability as well working with the Account Manager to provide adequate cover for Holidays. The service plan should contain but not be limited to scope of supply of services, time & products as well as treatment limits, performance expectations & KPI’s.
• Ensure execution of customer service plans - right chemical dosing, discussion with customer on daily basis for any problem, trouble shooting and corrective action in time. Work on Value generation plan in consultation with Service excellence team.
•Monthly performance review with customer.
• Ensure customer records of performance are maintained at all times.
Preferred chemical engineer or chemistry graduate/post graduate.
Driving License required.
Ability to effectively support multiple customer personnel and own team members.
Good organizational, communication & interpersonal skills.
Goal oriented self-starter.
Tools Proficiency with PC skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Locations: India; Vadodara, Gujarat