About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Responsible for managing shipments, global and in country tracking parts, reporting transportation metrics, identifying trends across global transportation methods and practices, providing visibility through projects and tools, ensuring that internal customers needs are met and that company policy and international trade compliance regulations are adhered to. Essential Responsibilities:
- Continuous internal communication with global pole Customer Solutions & Transportation teams
- Implementation of tools and dashboards for KPIs visibility and communication
- Analysis of transportation spend and tie to the financial ledger
- Interface with internal and external customers (Sales, Engineering, Distribution Centers, Customer Experience, Freight Forwarder, Broker)
- Strong interface with Fulfillment and Import/Export Teams to optimize parts cycle time and DFR/OTD
- Coordinating and communicating shipment delivery requirements with freight forwarders
- Primary contact for global affiliates referencing to the Field Engineer/Customer open order
- Responsible for timely, accurate and complete record keeping
- Primary contact for parts escalation process
- Support standardization of transportation processes across the region
- Support Monthly Performance Reviews with Carriers and coordinate action plan execution Working cross-functionally with sourcing, operations, supply chain and finance to identify improvement opportunities and implement successful changes.
- Support warehousing optimization/Lean projects
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of experience working in logistics, engineering, or supply chain management; OR a High School diploma/GED and 5 years of work experience in logistics, engineering, or supply chain management
- Very strong Customer Focus and
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, global team environment
- Solid communication and analytical skills, including experience with communicating with others from different countries and cultures.
- Bachelors in Business, Logistics, Engineering or Supply Chain
- Demonstrated logistics leadership of multiple facilities in a similar industry
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional, multi-cultural teams
- Creates energy to deliver company goals through creation and comprehensive communication of practical “hands-on” operational plans and strategies