Global Product Manager - Anasthesia & Respiratory Care
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 8/5/2017 10:07:19 AM
- Job Function: Product Management
- Business Segment: Healthcare Clinical Care Solutions
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is an equal opportunity employer and supports Diversity.
Accountable for competitiveness of the products' features, functionality and quality. Provide strategic direction, focusing on the business and clinical needs of customers. Bring deep understanding of customer and market needs. Make decisions around product vision, strategy, roadmap, and tactical choices. Work with development teams, providing necessary input to engineering on product requirements and design. Evangelize for the product with customers, commercial teams, and other connected teams.
1. Ensuring customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers as required and ensuring the “voice of the customer” is reflected in work processes.
2. Close collaboration with marketing to translate practice needs, market analysis, competitive analysis, and regulatory environment factors into actionable strategies and tactics for the product.
3. Partner with internal and external domain experts to highlight emerging practice trends and product/content needs of the customer.
4. Conducting product research to further understand the competitive profile for the segment worldwide (where applicable) and opportunities for growth.
5. Working with marketing, engineering, and services to create long-term product roadmaps, requirements, and business plans.
6. Driving product portfolio to meet the needs of the market. Responsible for strategy and execution of the product roadmaps and new product introductions.
7. Establish tradeoffs between internal development and business partnership activities with strategic partners-including contract negotiations and maintenance, product changes, forecasting and financials.
8. Coordinating the needs across a multi-functional organization, including marketing, sales, operations, engineering, and services teams, while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements.
9. Evangelize for the product by presenting to customers and users groups; represent the product at trade shows and with media; sell product roadmap internally; participate in winning large deals; provide sales training, and generate enthusiasm for the product.
10. Create a team environment that encourages innovation.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Establish a commitment to quality and communicate the importance of meeting statutory, regulatory and customer requirements. Ensure quality policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of the organization. Establish and communicate quality objectives that are measurable and consistent with the quality policy.
5. Maintain adequate organizational structures and adequate resources of sufficiently trained personnel. Ensure qualified personnel relative to assigned responsibilities. Ensure appropriate responsibility, independence and authority of all personnel who manage, perform and assess work affecting quality.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Business Administration, healthcare or related field
2. 6+ years’ experience in product management, product development, or related field including workflow experience with similar products
3. Excellent oral and written communications skills
4. Strong analytical and process skills
5. Strong project management skills
6. Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
1. MBA or Master’s degree in Product Management, Marketing, Business Administration or related field
2. Degree in Medical Informatics
3. Degree and practice in a clinical discipline
4. 8+ years’ experience in product management, product development or related field
5. Deep Product Management/Marketing expertise, including: market trends/analysis, NPI process, product roadmap development, requirements, product life-cycle management,
6. Healthcare product/industry/technical acumen
7. Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
8. Innovation – develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
9. Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
10. Proven ability to work globally
11. Proven ability to influence and negotiate internally and with customers
Locations: India; Bangalore