Looking for Senior Electrical Specialist Engineer
- GE Power
- Posted 8/5/2017 10:12:26 AM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Senior Electrical Specialist Engineer works with Commercial Teams, Field Execution Team, Customers and Design CoE in order to provide technical support to our installation personnel, troubleshooting support, identify root cause of electrical related issues about Electrical Protections, Excitation systems, Synchronization system, set points adjustment and definition, for our Electrical Power Plants being installed and/or installed fleet.
Analyze electrical data-logs, expert in software related for Electrical Protection systems.
Provide technical resolution and disposition for associated excitation system problems, capable of reviewing transfer functions and set-point adjustment in AVR.
• Conduct evaluations on Generator's technology (>100 MW).
• Lead Root Cause Analyses (RCA).
• Review customer concerns through different GE systems and ensure technical response is aligned to expectations and clarify when there are differences.
• Coordinate with customers, regional leaders, Sales, other engineering groups and/or field personnel to ensure issue solutions are appropriate to the unit, the customer needs, GE design
standards and established engineering course of action.
• Executes the analysis or evaluation of assigned technical issues using engineering principles and adheres to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Provides timely communications on electrical generator and its accessories issues.
• Travel to customer locations in support to commercial teams or resolution of field issues related to electrical generators (Up to 30% of time)
• Promote and contribute to business programs or initiatives (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.)
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
• Participates in and/or Leads cross functional teams of engineers to achieve project objectives.
• Conducts and/or leads system level/fleet wide activities especially in the area of generator's issues.
• We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. We’re looking for experienced people, and we offer opportunities around the globe in Engineering
• BS degree plus 10 years of experience or Master’s degree plus 6 years of experience or PhD degree plus 4 years of experience.
Minimum 6 years of professional experience on Electrical Protection systems.
• Knowledgeable in Excitation systems and AVR.
• BSc on Electrical, Electro-mechanical, Energy, Mechatronics or any other engineering area relevant for the function.
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Legal right to work in Mexico.
• Proven experience conducting Root Cause Analyses (RCA) with aid of 8D methodology.
• Be recognized as an expert in the technical field of electrical protection systems.
• Strong technical aptitude, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Certified in RCA methodology
• Proven experience in Alstom, Siemens, and/or Mitsubishi Generators technology
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro