Lead Customer Service Management Specialist
- GE Power
- Posted 8/6/2017 11:49:37 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by Sep-2017.
This position is responsible for providing high-level technical support to distributors and customers in a broad array of service scenarios, including both on-site and remote activities, working closely with Sales organization to provide customers satisfactory.
• Perform all duties of distributor support analyst, including
o Establish relationships with distributors in support of instrument service goals
o Analyze and assess skill gaps across distributor teams and develop common training platforms for all
o Develop individual training plans for distributors based upon unique skills and challenges of that particular distributor
o Provide ongoing feedback to distributors regarding improvement requirements observed, and the plan to mitigate, including a distributor certification program
• Perform all duties of Technical Trainer, including
o Deliver all training class materials to students, using slides, printed materials, instruments, and part sub-assemblies
o Plan upcoming training, including scheduling classrooms/hotels, ordering consumables and supplies, notifying attendees of schedules and expectations, ensuring instruments and printed materials are ordered and shipped to the training site with sufficient notice, coordinating breaks and lunches, etc.,, in order to ensure an optimal learning environment and experience.
o Pack and ship instruments and accessories to appropriate home following training.
o Assist in the development of training course material for new products.
o Accompany Distributors to customer sites for training assistance and to assess skill sets
• Perform all duties of a Technical Phone Support Rep, including:
o Provide remote support to distributors, customers, and GEAI personnel regarding instrument questions or problems.
o Provide answers about the operation, maintenance, and servicing of the appropriate instrument(s).
o Record problem incidents in Pivotal, and raise awareness when patterns of failure are noted
o Calibration and repair of sales demos as required
• Perform all duties of a Field Service Manager, including
o Management of one or more field service engineering support personnel
o Development of local service support strategies
o Negotiation with customers work scope and T&C
• BS Degree in Engineering or Science
• 5 or more years of experience managing a multi-function service team
• 1 year of relevant experience in pharmaceutical operations, quality assurance, water system management or related industry.
• Knowledge of analytical methodologies and the chemistry of water that is relevant to customer needs desired.
• Strong data analysis skills required.
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Proficiency in English required.
• Moderate traveling is required.
• Ability to articulate complex application solutions to a wide range of customers on a remote basis desired.
• Experience in negotiating work scope and T&C with customers
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai