GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world’s energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency. To learn more, please visit: www.gepowerconversion.com
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
• As part of the Marine Power Test Facility team, to support technical upkeep and maintenance of the underwater and surface ship facilities, equipment, and associated systems.
• Provide a key technical interface to the broader engineering and site team for the site wide LV auxiliary support systems, cooling plant, security systems, CCTV & communication systems, HVAC, lighting, lifting equipment, automation and data acquisition systems.
• Ensure that the facility & equipment maintenance schedule is managed and maintained in accordance with procedures and policies and undertake preventative maintenance activities where required.
• Maintain the site stores components and test equipment itinerary and calibration.
• Support the general site tidiness, safe working environment and site upkeep in test and stores areas.
• Provide electro/mechanical support when required for equipment installation of rotating machines, variable speed drives, LV systems, automation and test and measurement equipment.
• Conduct physical inspections and test of the facility and systems in line with EHS and legislative inspection framework.
• Co-ordinate with subcontractors or undertake minor repairs / maintenance activities associated with the upkeep of the facility and supporting systems.
• Operate fork lift trucks and cranes , supporting off loading and installation
• Assist in resolving facility infrastructure and equipment problems and concerns as they arise.
• Monitor & manage security, systems, access control, CCTV.
• Prepare subsystems for test, including re-fueling of diesel generators, cooling and lubrication systems.
• Comply with all company and customer health and safety regulations.
• Ideal applicants will have a combined Electrical & Mechanical or Mechatronics background in an industrial or similar setting having completed an apprenticeship or experience in managing industrial or test facility type infrastructure and systems.
• Preferable BTEC HNC or equivalent, minimum requirements of BTEC ONC / NVQ or equivalent.
• Existing or the ability to obtain the higher levels of UK Security Clearance, including “SC Clearance” and “UK Eyes Only Clearance”, are required for this role.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Experience in engineering or industrial facility /test environment.
• Experience of typical industrial facility or marine platform systems. Including rotating machines, variable speed drives, LV systems, automation systems, cooling plant, test equipment and communication systems is preferable but not essential.
• Fork lift truck / overhead crane operator qualified
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester