GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Role Summary:
We are seeking an experienced Legal Business Analyst to join a new consolidated Global Legal Operations team which will be part of the Legal Shared Services organization within GE. The role is part of the new Global Team of experts in Legal Operations servicing all GE businesses, with a focus around data analysis and governance efforts related to legal entity management and regulatory data in the SSA (Central/West Africa & Eastern/Southern Africa). Essential Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Senior Counsels and key stakeholders in the region to implement various Legal Shared Services projects and support global implementation relating to legal entity management and governance across GE businesses.
- Responsibilities include but not limited to: legal entity & branch management and governance compliance within the SSA region; track key compliance timelines and ensure legal compliance of Legal entities & branches within respective regions; and develop dashboards for reporting purposes to Senior Leaders.
- Act as subject matter expert in data management and take an instrumental role with establishing; improving and maintaining current document and Legal Entity data management databases.
- Preparation of: basic legal documents, detailed presentations, corporate structure charts, filing forms, project plans, and training materials.
- Work closely with Senior Counsels and key internal and external stakeholders to manage and lead key strategic projects and conduct legal and compliance reviews within the region.
- Receive and independently manage service requests from key business unit’s teams and ensure timely delivery of requested services.
- Bachelors’ degree, with at least 3 years in Legal Operations, Compliance or other similar functions, managing processes and systems
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer facing role
- Understanding of the technology platforms used by Legal Operations plus experience working and managing cross – jurisdictional strategic projects legal operations
- Experience managing cross jurisdictional projects and multiple work streams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain and develop customer relationship
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, proficiency in other Microsoft Office suite applications (PowerPoint, Word, Project, Visio)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated integrity
- Team player orientation
- Reliable and has ability to adapt his/her communication style to different stakeholders
- Service attitude, being available to customers and client needs
- Flexibility and willingness to think broadly and build relationship in a matrix environment