GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Our team is developing Radiology Information System Workflow and Reporting Solution.
Responsible for testing a feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members; increasing the ability to work independently. Breaks down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks. Delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project. Essential Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas.
• Applies various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC.
• Takes ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
• Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Writes effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored.
• Involved in test design of new features or product releases
• Develops and executes maintainable manual tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
• Develop and run automatic as well as manual testing processes and procedures
• Understand products from customer’s perspective and test accordingly
• Integrates project testing with continuous-integration process.
• Begins to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans.
• Collaborates with Quality Leaders in creating test plans. Implements and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff. Implements system-level integration testing.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Software development cycle and automated testing experience
• Experience (orientation) in object oriented design methodology and various programming languages, including C++ or Java
• Experience with scripting languages
• Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase/Git
• Basic understanding and knowledge of test driven development concepts
• Fluent English knowledge
• Extensive experience in the industry Desired Characteristics:
• Proven experience in definition of testing plans or changing test processes
• Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
• Advantage if worked already in an environment or product, where automated tests application was mixed balanced way with manual testing
• Advantage: ISTQB certification(s)