GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
This is a permenent role based in GE Sensing EMEA, Shannon. The Team Leader for the Ceramics & Machine Shop is responsible for leading day to day operations in the ceramic shop.
- Manage day to day operation with Ceramics Lab employees
- Work with the ceramics engineering teams, application specialists, and quality department to improve process stability and product quality
- Provide technical production support to ceramics engineering teams to ensure successful new product introductions with acceptable yield and good manufacturability
- Provide emergency assistance for repair and maintenance of production equipment
- Provide technical production support for all ceramics manufacturing/engineering departments.
- Suggest and implement quality improvements in the ceramics production areas and initiate/participate in lean activities
- Work across team to assist in process flow in trouble shooting, training, preliminary review, incoming material issues, as well as assisting in NPI as needed.
- Manage day to day operation in Machine shop
- Ensure on time delivery to cross functional internal customers
- Significant years experience in manufacturing environment, Some years supervisor experience
- Experience working with Ceramics
- Knowledge of piezoelectric composite manufacturing, use of epoxies, and high vacuum sputter deposition processes desirable.
- Non-Destructive Testing or manufacturing experience
- CNC machine knowledge desirable
- Experience using test and measurement equipment
- Operations leadership experience
- Strong and demonstrated leadership skills
- Expertise in the application of Lean
- Excellent interpersonal communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Change agent with energy, passion and enthusiasm to drive change
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively
- Familiarity with SAP is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral communication, business correspondence and procedure-writing skills
- Proven mentoring and coaching abilities, demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire others
Locations: Ireland; Shannon