GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The Workshop Technician will have experience working with Subsea Production Controls equipment, especially in the Hydro-mechanical, Electrical and Electronic repair, test and servicing of customer and company owned equipment. Work as part of a team ensuring that they and their colleagues are following the appropriate procedures and policies in place.
- Carry out Site Receipt Testing (SRT), Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Maintenance of Customer owned Subsea Control Modules (SCM’s) and associated Production Controls equipment in accordance with the appropriate procedures and drawings.
- Provide a written report highlighting issues, with the relevant recommendation for repair.
- Ensure that product quality is maintained, by adherence to Company Standards and Procedures, to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to interpret Technical drawings, Procedures and Engineering part specifications.
- Assembly and Disassembly of products in accordance with the applicable drawings and engineering procedures.
- Comply with all safety instructions, promote individual and team safety.
- Promote and maintain quality standards.
- Identify and report all safety concerns, Quality issues and manufacturing problems before progressing work.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner, protecting the environment, health and safety by complying with written COSHH Assessments, Risk Assessments or by carrying out any necessary risk assessments and Job Safety Analyses prior to task commencement.
- Carry out all necessary work as designated by the Workshop Supervisor or Shift Lead Hand.
- Maintain a high level of 5s ensuring a safe working environment is upheld.
- Time served Technician or significant Subsea Production Controls experience.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Production Controls Workshop based experience preferable.
- Knowledge of Software updates and downloads.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to identify improvements within work area.
United Kingdom; Montrose