Asia Sourcing Manager- Fixture
- Current & GE Lighting
- Posted 8/16/2017 4:33:36 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Current & Lighting Current Powered by GE
Location(s): China; GuangDong; Guangzhou
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Understand strategies for assigned commodities and proactively take actions to meet lead time, cost, quality, service, and availability objectives.
· Identify, develop & qualify suppliers in China and other Asian countries to support Low Cost Region outsourcing strategies.
· Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability.
· Responsible for supplier management; Responsible for Year over Year (YOY) deflation with suppliers to strengthen the cost competitiveness, as well as quality and services.
· Effective communication with product managers and supply chain team for effective project execution.
· Work closely with Technology, Quality and SRG team, and joint ownership and project execution
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
·Knowledge of manufacturing processes, and cost walk would be preferred
Minimum 7-10 years of working experience in Fixture manufacturing or EMS companies, prefer in supply chain management or sourcing related fields.
· Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to work effectively & independently.
· Fluent in English, Mandarin, and Proficiency in computer skills.
· Willing to Travel and join evening calls .
· Good team player and quick learner.
· Have Passion and "Can-Do-Attitude".
Locations: China; GuangDong; Guangzhou