GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The primary responsibility of the role is to grow sales and the customer base in the Telecom domain. In collaboration with the product line organization as well as the other GE business areas develop the business and customer relations and transform into an order pipeline for Software Solutions products and services to end user customers within Europe.
• Team to focus on our Telecom software solutions and services for named accounts or territory Qualifications/Requirements:
• Build an opportunity pipeline and select, address and win new customers
• Establish, cultivate and maintain customer relations at appropriate decision-maker levels.
• Maintain strong commercial relationship during the delivery of our systems towards his/her customers
• Monitor, analyze, and understand market activities to continuously update the business on all region dynamics including in-depth competitive assessments.
• Assist in the go-to-market strategy for new software products, services or offerings
• Demonstrate commercial and technical expertise in Software Solutions within the Telecommunications information technology and operational technology
• Orchestrate the answers to RFP and spontaneous or unsolicited offers with respect to the process in place
• Support Negotiations of contracts and close deals
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting; compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions;
• Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s IO/CCM goals – Pipeline generation with leads identifications
• Pro-actively listen, learn and empower others to be successful and to inspire and lead to drive accountability and to deliver results with absolute integrity
• Ability to develop and execute on growth plans while meeting short term business objectives.
• Responsible for earning customer trust through solid execution – establish win/win
• partnerships and deepen relationships.
• Implement the execution framework on identified opportunities, which includes the orders forecasting to deal closure.
• Manage assigned initiatives to maximize long-term to maximize profitability.
• Create processes to seek new and / or additional income / business development
• Develop effective market and transactional strategies inline with the business objectives.
• The person will also be designated specific accounts to manage directly. Targets will be defined for both Sales quota in the assigned territory and Sales quota for the accounts managed directly.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Substantive experience in sales, management consulting, or strategic planning telecom software organizations.
• Manages and possesses working knowledge and skillset in the Telecom industry.
• Must be willing to travel more than 50% of time
• Analysis of market data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for management to make decisions and act quickly; Links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies.
• Independently creates an effective digital engagement strategy that collects market knowledge and engages others; Develops processes to measure effectiveness of efforts in terms of using market knowledge to predict buying decisions and trends.
• Effectively manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset (of self or others) in assigned vertical; Utilizes industry knowledge and skillsets to support an industry relevant line of questioning and resultant problem solving definition; recommends decisions that inform commercial growth strategies
• Proactively identifies pipeline risks and develops mitigation plans; proactively shares 'best practices' to improve pipeline efficiency. Helps to develop sales team relationships with key contacts; Communicates pipeline issues to sales team; Identifies key issues with sales forecasts and focuses resources/ assistance where appropriate.
• Able to take products, services, solutions knowledge and connect them to customers’ objectives to develop differentiated opportunities for GE.
• Collect, analyze, and share information about market trends and competitors to increase customer retention and attract new business; Proactively identifies trends via data analysis and makes strategic recommendations as appropriate.
• Communicates the importance of understanding customer's business strategies to become an advocate for profitability on behalf of the customer - actively reviews accounts, meets with customers, observes sales force, etc.
• Invited by clients to participate in C-level strategic planning sessions to help create solutions related to critical business needs; Leads initiatives to understand and quantify unrealized value in offerings across products, services, and customer segments.
• Utilizes customer feedback or current top objectives to form a comprehensive understanding of the customers’ needs; Communicates multiple reference stories or trends with supporting data; Demonstrates effective time management in preparation for conversations/ discovery process.
• Establishes, maintains, and grows key executive relationships within customer accounts; Adept at navigating political and hierarchical landscape and facilitates the customer decision making process. Obtains favored access at the most senior levels of the organization.
• Coaches and trains others on how to manage account relationships to proactively identify and address client needs and convert competitive installs to GE solutions; seen by client as a strategic partner who brings value and solutions to address client's business’s needs,
• Routinely seeks out and uses a variety of sources of financial data to obtain relevant industry, company and customer financial data; Can use financial information to formulate insights on the customers' strategy and potential value opportunities
• Able to lay out detailed forecasts and specifics about market behaviors; Identify bundling plans, special promos and attachment strategies for upselling and cross-selling.
Continuation of Qualifications / Requirements:
• Uses facilitation and collaboration to ensure customers understand their own business problems and opportunities; Identifies the value of solutions and highlights ways to accomplish them; Discovers customer centric solutions through strategic partnerships in order to address customers’ changing needs via risk reduction
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels Locations:
• Proven track record of account management and sales success.
• Understand the various financial instruments used by customers to conduct business.
• Strong negotiation and sales leadership skills.
• Prior experience selling contracts / products with technical content of substantial value is preferred.
• Six Sigma training.
France, United Kingdom; Cambridge