Lead Systems Analyst – Payables IT
- GE Digital
- Posted 8/16/2017 4:37:57 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Technology
Location(s): India; Chennai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Systems Analyst / Payables IT Ops will provide IT support for the Global B2P AP Process across multiple ERPs, including Oracle e-Business Suite and SAP. The person in this role will lead the technical team that supports all aspects of the Payables ERP footprint and associated 3rd party bolt-on applications. They will partner with P&L and Global Operations Finance IT organization in this technology-focused role. You will be expected to leverage prior knowledge and be hands on.
• Support GE’s AP process (APEX) and platforms from a daily operations perspective, providing technical support of the environment, managing issues and implementing changes.
• Lead and mentor GDC teams to manage large, complex and critical ERP Payables environments for GE Power & Water, Oil and Gas and Energy Management.
• Ensure our GDC vendors provide appropriate level of service by measuring the progress of GDC engagement, guiding and correcting where necessary
• Reduce operational cycle time and drive simplification through implementation of automation solutions
• Interface with functional leadership, key stakeholders, and Corporate teams working as a business partner to evaluate, simplify, and improve business processes
• Partner with Application Development teams, Solution Architects and Corporate on key Simplification & Growth initiatives to drive the overall strategy
• Benchmark new patches/upgrades – engage in benchmarking with both Power Water Technology (PWT) and Finance IT Organizations to drive the Technology roadmap.
• Lead the requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, documentation and maintenance of APEX system solutions & ensure business-wide standards
• Manage scope, time and risk in delivering on time and high quality projects
• Follow project rigor and process, applying Agile methodologies as appropriate
• Maintain environment configuration and access control, drive consistency of infrastructure across the environment
• Maintain and apply current knowledge of information technology; keep abreast of new and emerging technologies and help determine if / how they can be used to add value to the business
• Understands, promotes and adheres to security and SoX compliance policies and processes
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
• 5+ years of experience with ERP systems like Oracle e-Business suite or SAP in areas of payables /financial systems.
• 3+ years of knowledge in Oracle Apps Technical (R12 / 11i), PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle Developer/Reports, Unix, Unix Shell Scripting
• 3+ years of Experience working in a global environment with offshore support teams
• Good understanding of Finance and Accounting Systems and excellent analytical skills
• Strong knowledge both Technical and functional in payables process using ERPs
• Knowledge of the GE APEX processes like IBS, BMA, VFS, Markview etc
• Understanding of GE Enterprise Standards primarily in the AP area
• Some Knowledge of SAP AP Process
• Exposure to Requirement gathering, Design, test cases, regression testing and end user trainings
• Implementation, Upgrades, Project Release experience in Oracle Financial Modules
• Strong leadership & organizational skills with proven ability to partner closely with finance team to drive ongoing improvements
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Process oriented, results, quality and cost driven
• Ability & desire to remain current with technologies as well as their application in the business function
• GB/BB Certified
Locations: India; Chennai