GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The search specialist role is responsible for the optimal organic search performance across the GE Life Sciences website. With a specific focus on driving e-commerce success. This role works closely with a broad cross section of the commercial & technical marketing team. Routinely, it will be necessary to work with technical writers, product marketers, the digital advertising lead, e-commerce team and the content leader.
The search specialist needs to be successful at creating, planning and executing content marketing campaigns and be confident and proactive in working with other teams across the business. You’ll be experienced and have a thorough understanding of technical and creative aspects of SEO. You’ll be able to monitor and report on the performance of our website, using a variety of tools and be able to suggest and identify opportunities for growth. You’ll be an excellent written and oral communicator, able to translate your understanding of how search engines rank content in a clear, concise fashion to multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders in the business.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Ensuring all content regularly reviewed, & refreshed to optimise search rankings & customer attractiveness.
• Sourcing and editing imagery that forms part of the copy.
• Conducting keyword research to understand where the opportunities lie.
• Educating the wider marketing team on the essentials of preparing content that is search optimized and on how to evaluate search performance levels.
• Conducting content audits to determine what activity competitors are doing and what we should be doing better.
• Developing a SEO strategy that works in harmony with our distribution partners.
• Keeping up to date with the latest thinking & tools in SEO ways to improve our search results.
• Translates data into congruent and reliable information and actionable insights and effectively communicating the results and ideas to key decision makers.
• Self identifying & defining projects and ways of working that deliver results, based on requested business outcomes.
• Remain aware of and champion data privacy.
• Strong self management skills to deliver continuous testing & outcome improvement.
• Working closely with colleagues on aligning SEO plans with paid search programs.
• Experience in SEO, specifically organic search optimization. Ideally in a B2B environment, involving technical products and technically experienced customers.
• Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams.
• A high degree of self-motivation.
• Proven ability to train and teach others.
• Experience in content distribution using Kapost
• Influencing skills – ability to motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills. Capable and comfortable with telephone and web-ex presenting.
• Demonstrated and proven MS Office skill.
• Database management, database design and definition, designing user interfaces and SQL analytics are essential aspects of the assignment.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Significant experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
• Knowledge of Life Sciences customer markets eg. Protein research, Biopharmaceutical manufacturing etc.
• Experience in supporting a commercial organization.
• Willingness and ability to take on additional responsibilities and undertake challenging tasks and/or global projects.
• Demonstrated ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization.
Locations: United Kingdom; Amersham