GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
In this role, you will be responsible for driving flexible pipe systems design optimization initiatives across the organization. Demonstrating your ability to think creatively, you will focus on taking a product line with the intention of driving greater cost effectiveness and consistency across the globe.
- Main areas of focus will be: design flow optimization (Digital Thread) to reduce engineering cycle time both during ITO and OTR, product standardization aimed to reduce cost and optimize supply chain lead times, value engineering.
- You will have the responsibility for preparing an overall plan to meet the required objectives; the plan should include required resources and clear milestones. You will then assure plan execution.
- You will be accountable for the implementation of the Digital Thread strategy and Product Structuring initiatives. Additionally, you will be responsible for defining strategy goals together with WSM Product Leadership, Engineering Leaders, Manufacturing and Sourcing Digital Thread strategy will leverage on the existing PLM platform and should enable a flexible pipe system optimization in ITO to improve our cost competitiveness while creating a strong link with OTR thus reducing engineering lead time during project execution. Product structuring should allow to optimize ancillaries design, enabling full should cost and detailed configuration into early Ito stage. You will demonstrate accountability for cross functional and broad business objectives. The focus will be on how to integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s), be involved in short-medium-long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- This role will mainly focus on existing technologies, configuration options and suppliers agreements, therefore this role will require an application focus to make systems configuration leaner, cheaper, faster and smarter to optimize the wing to wing product life cycle from ITO to installation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Structural, Controls, Electrical, or other related Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge and experience with proven years of experience managing technical teams and cross functional projects with financial targets and with increasing responsibility.
- Good familiarity with the organization’s core technologies, systems and applications.
- Strong operational experience in requisition engineering and design.
- Strategic vision for innovative company internal processes.
- Proven track record of executing against assigned goals, capable of planning and executing projects
- Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
- Able to balance multiple priorities
- English fluency, Strong verbal and written communication skills
- EU Work Permit
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Self-starter, highly motivated and detail-oriented, organized and flexible
- Excellent cross-functional interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Self-confidence for a fast paced, multi-tasking, growth environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills to enable clear and concise delivery of information to internal stakeholders
- Good influencing skills, team player
United Kingdom; Newcastle-upon-Tyne