GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2017. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer Role Summary:
Position Title: Material Technical Advisor (MTA) Intern
GE Business: GE Transportation
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
Duration: 12 or 16 months
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate Start
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Lead Technical Advisor
Application Deadline: August 18th, 2017 Essential Responsibilities: The Position:
As the MTA Intern you will be joining a fast-paced, energetic, creative environment as part of the GE CP Toronto Team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of Technical Advisor. You will gain exposure supporting the transportation team, and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Tracking and communicating key customer focused metrics to the leadership team
• Assisting to gather data with the shop manager in place
• Assisting the Materiel Technical Advisor in various tasks (downloading, troubleshooting on locomotive)
• Hands on work in the customer shop to retrieve information on failed components
• Assisting with materiel shipping and receiving
• Assisting the break and built logistic
• Working on projects that can improve work flow and processes Qualifications/Requirements: Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• Candidates with demonstrated leadership ability
• Knowledge and demonstration of GE Values and Customer Service
• Strong Interpersonal and Analytical Skills
• High Self Confidence and ability to work in a fast paced changing environment
• Initiative and willingness to learn – self starter
• Majoring in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering (other majors will be considered based on workload and assignment availability)
• University Bachelor or Master’s Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical) or equivalent related discipline.
• Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years
- Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
- Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE. Desired Characteristics: Desired:
• G2 License Locations: