Process Development Scientist - Downstream
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 8/16/2017 4:43:19 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Life Sciences
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for executing biologics purification project to demonstrate the values of GE Healthcare Life Sciences products and Fast Trak services to customer; train the customer and support them in their biopharmaceutical project like lab scale process development, pilot scale-up and tech transfer. Work closely with modality product development teams, regional field leaders and end-user customers.
1. Lead downstream pilot scale project to manufacture protein for pre-clinical study. Support to prepare IND-filling document.
2. Develop expertise on downstream process development, operation of large scale bioprocess equipment and CFDA regulations.
3. Conduct purification process development project for customer and deliver study reports to customer. Support customer to accelerate their new drug development progress from lab scale process to large scale production.
4. Adapting training courses prepared by worldwide Fast Trak organization to the Chinese market needs. Coordinating training courses with the sales department; planning and implementing training events. Deliver lectures and lab hands-on work.
5. Understand marketing trends to support sales department and customers with expert advice. Work closely with field application specialists and support customers by offering trouble-shootings, bioprocess development services and consulting. Offer on-site support to customers for approximately up to 20% of the working time.
6. Support GE downstream product in maintaining scientific leadership by designing and delivering creative solutions to customer’s manufacturing challenges. Add value to GE’s customers by identifying continuous improvement opportunities in their bio-manufacturing processes.
1. Master or PhD of chemical-engineer or biochemist or drug science related with >3 years or bachelor with >5 years of industrial experience in process development or production of biopharmaceuticals.
2. Industrial experience and theoretical knowledge of the basic techniques used for downstream purification of biopharmaceuticals (filtration, chromatography, centrifugation, etc.) at pilot or commercial production scale. Good understanding of the basics of process economy.
3. Good project management experience and work with global team.
4. Accomplished presenter to critical audiences or teacher.
5. Good people skills. Proven ability to work in team environment and able to develop working relationship with customer.
6. Excellent written and spoken skills in English and Chinese.
7. Fast learning.
8. Socially competent to handle sensitive customer relationships, demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• 5+ years industrial experience in GMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
• QbD and DoE knowledge and application experience.
• Experience on preparing IND and NDA documents.
• Proven excellence in communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple project simultaneously, in a cross-functional team and in an international environment.
• Positive, optimistic, self-motivated achiever.
• Intelligent, in-depth technical approach.
• Reliable and thorough person who always delivers on promises and always promises realistically.
• Good organizational skills.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai