GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. Role Summary:
The Head of Premium Services is responsible for defining and implementing the SWS offering on “Premium Services” and building the required fulfillment capabilities in line with that strategy, leveraging external as well as internal capabilities available within SWS, IT and GE Digital. Premium Services includes different types of managed services and other value added services for Transmission & Distribution utilities beyond standard Maintenance & Support services. Essential Responsibilities:
The position reports into the Global Customer Support organization within SWS Services.
In this role you will:
• Develop the vision, strategy & roadmap for “Premium Services” in cooperation with concerned Segment Leaders in SWS and with Digital.
• Define the overall fulfillment strategy and drive its implementation pulling from internal capabilities within EC SWS, GE Digital and IT, and leveraging external capabilities
• Ensure customer satisfaction through quality delivery and drive profitability of “premium services” activities
• Develop and manage effectively the fulfilment organization and associated infrastructure in conjunction with all relevant stakeholders (internally and externally)
• Make recommendation for strategic partnership and for investment to develop fulfillment capabilities in line with business growth
• Structure SWS Premium Services offering, including (but not limited to) “managed services”.
• Support business development actions on Premium Services including internal evangelization, training of Sales teams and occasional customer meetings.
• Drive the development of Services fulfillment capabilities in Romania beyond “managed services” (e.g. “continuous delivery).
• Ensure delivery compliance to both contractual and business case requirements, avoiding over or under delivery;
• Manage/Supervise the contracts execution (cost, time and quality) ensuring the fulfillment of all contractual obligations by GE, the Customer and 1/3rd party;
• Ensure that all governance instances (internal or external) are being followed by the delivery organization and that the operational and financial performance is being correctly monitored and reported to the stakeholders per SLA and Premium Services Delivery strategy;
• Manage/Supervise the operational relationship with the customer, to achieve a high level of satisfaction from the customer regarding the overall delivery performance;
• Ensure that all internal agreements (SLA) between the different delivery organizations are in place and reflecting the contractual requirements;
• Ensure that external operational agreements (OLA) between any delivery organization and the customer for any required activity are in place and correctly managed;
• For solution delivered to a customer by any delivery organization under the scope of the SWS Managed service contracts:
- Support Sales organization in contractual renegotiation or pre-sales opportunities as required
- Continuously seek for operational and financial performance improvement of the delivery solution, in line with contractual and business case expectations;
- Manage the delivery organization staff, securing fulfillment of the area objectives and responsibilities;
• Actively contribute and drive business transformation in line with GE Digital and EC SWS roadmap
• Develop a team characterized by a proactive attitude, teamwork, strong ethics, professionalism and high energy, and deep business & domain expertise
• Have strong financial acumen and accountability.
• Create strong working relationship & influence across the organization and the relevant stakeholder to successfully execute business strategy across EC SWS businesses, partners and customers.
• Have cross functional leadership to define and execute the vision and strategy.
• Bachelor's Degree in technical majors or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to deliver ambitious business objectives in a major services division or company, and ability to drive business development
• Extensive experience in the software industry or related activities
• Significant experience in Senior management roles, with P&L responsibility, people management in hiring and mentoring, and facing customers with proven track record
• Significant experience in a management role in Managed Services
• Solid experience of working with a diverse customer base and multi-cultural workforce
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Excellent communication skills
• Role model of a leader, with the ability to lead multi-cultural and cross-functional teams, empowering people and creating synergies to create a high performing team
• Ability to proactively drive portfolio and investment decision to balance customer needs, install base requirements, and long term enterprise differentiation
• Track record of evangelizing concepts beyond current offerings and driving business model innovation (service and delivery innovations)
• Track record of evangelizing impact of pricing strategy and business model innovation on business transformation
• Lead by example to execute best-in class service delivery
• Demonstrated ability to deliver P&L results successfully and drive business development
• Proven senior leadership experience within complex, demanding, customer facing, service delivery roles
• Ability to make strategic partnering decisions for the product line
• Ability to monitoring and influence industry dynamics, trends, and policies and to shape a culture that proactively uses market intelligence to drive significant growth
• Ability to set & drive strategy for the organization, implementing and driving program/service strategy within the organization
• Knowledge and ability to sell and improve the “Managed Services” process, its outcomes and ongoing results
• Ability to deliver
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bucharest
• Can apply critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions
• Places personal credibility and reputation on the line to passionately advocate for what they believe in
• Knows how to effectively manage risk and uncertainty for self and team. Makes decisions with confidence when problems or solutions are not 100% defined