GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
This is an excellent opportunity to join GE Aviation Systems Cheltenham on an advanced modern 3 to 4 years apprenticeship programme within the Supply Chain organisation. Successful candidates will have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship, hold an NVQ level 3 in engineering maintenance (Electronic) and a national certificate in electronics after the scheme.
• Our apprentices follow a three year training scheme, the first of which is spent ‘off the job’ at Gloucestershire Training Group. During this year candidates can expect to gain a thorough grounding in the key areas required for a career in modern engineering before returning to GE Aviation. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Students will also study for year one of the national certificate.
• Second year progresses into one of our seven manufacturing areas on site to start hands on experience working on avionic and power equipment that ranges from the latest electronic systems through to traditional mechanical instruments. Students will complete year 2 of the national certificate and will also start working toward completing the 8 modules that make up the NQV level 3 qualification.
• Third year continues with NVQ modules and further rotation within the Supply Chain environment. Candidates will gain experience in essential support departments such as quality, engineering and EHS. Students may get the option to enrol for a higher national certificate in electronics if they choose to do so.
• Successful candidates will have / be expecting a minimum of 4 GCSE or equivalent passes at grade C or above including English, Maths and either science or technology based subject.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills Locations:
• Good team Player
• The ability to solve problems
• Innovative and creative
• Willingness to learn
United Kingdom; Cheltenham