Lead Embedded SW Developer
- GE Aviation
- Posted 8/16/2017 4:47:16 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Platforms (Computing, Mission, Recorders & Interface Systems) team on its effort to develop safety-critical systems within a highly integrated team environment is seeking for a Software Engineer with a great passion to design, implement and test software contributing to the development of the Platform Systems for the tomorrow's Airborne Industry.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, programming and testing of embedded software for safety-critical systems within an integrated team environment. You will demonstrate independence & technical judgment to execute on assignments, identifying problems & formulate solutions.
• Derive software high level requirements into preliminary and detailed designs.
• Develop software designs by using the UML or other formal methods.
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product / program requirements
• Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
• Interface with hardware design and development.
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program review
• 6+ years experience of software development using ANSI C
• Experience of software design lifecycle ideally within Aerospace, Automotive or similar controlled industry
• Experience of design and implementation of embedded software products at the firmware or driver level
• Experience and proficiency in the design and interpretation of UML diagrams
• Experience of interfacing hardware to software components
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge or experience
• Strong knowledge of Power PC and ARM processors architectures.
• Strong knowledge on Operating Systems design principles.
• Strong knowledge of communication protocols (I2C, JTAG, Ethernet, CAN, PCI, PCIe, SPI).
• Strong Knowledge on Linux development Environment (POSIX, threads, shared memory).
• Experience of software development using ADA
• Strong knowledge on RTOS design principles.
• Experience on Linux or VxWorks development environment.
• Experience on debugging techniques over embedded systems.
• Bootstrap/BIOS process
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro