GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It’s how we’ve sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It’s how we solve the toughest challenges for our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development, enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing people is commitment that doesn’t just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow both personally and professionally.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Avitas Systems is looking for a Sr Staff Solutions Engineer to join its emerging industrial inspections business team. Sr Staff Solutions Engineer will play a key role in defining and delivering successful solutions, comprised of sensor hardware, analytics software and performance services, for customers in the utilities industry.
Work closely with the commercial sales team in understanding customer needs and applicable solutions; with the product management team in identifying market requirement and defining solution parameters; as well as with the applications delivery teams in making sure the right solutions are provided to our market. Sr Staff Solutions Engineer will also work with 3rd party application providers to understand how their offerings fit within the overall solutions needed by our clients.
This role requires great customer interactions skills; excellent knowledge of analytics software platforms and the use of those platforms in the utilities industry; strong leadership skills; the ability to work in a cross-functional environment; and a vision for how connected systems can be used to optimize energy management, as well as provide productivity applications to create intelligent enterprises.
- Get a deep understanding of Avitas & GE’s product offering and product strategy for industrial inspection marketplace
- Through customer visits and through interactions with the commercial team, identify how Avitas’ products, combined to 3rd party offerings can provide optimal solutions for the market and for strategic customers
- Work with product management team and the marketing team in developing sales collateral for application solutions by providing both market applications knowledge as well as technological expertise
- Drive the engineering team in defining detailed product requirements; interfaces with 3rd party products; system models for intelligent enterprises and energy management application
- Working with the commercial team, leads the definition of pilot projects demonstrating the value proposition of application solutions
- Provide on-going leadership for the development and deployment of pilot projects
- Promote the platform solution to 3rd party partners; through innovative technology usage and solutions
- Work on strategy and plan to make inspection firms and system Integrators rapidly adept at using Avitas’ products for providing solutions to client challenges
- Be a key member of the strategic product roadmap development for the business
- Participate actively to industry groups and conferences; doing speaking engagements as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) related field from an accredited college/university or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Proven years of experience in Software Sales, Business Development, Solutions Engineering or selling field-based inspection services in the utilities sector
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
- Strong background in the utilities sector
- Experience with various sensor and diagnostic tools used in the utilities inspection markets
- Experience with risk-based analytics tool kits used to rate industrial assets
- Inherent interest in connected systems for industrial customers, particularly customers in the utilities industry
- Good technological knowledge in analytics, enterprise software and the utilities industry
- Strong problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience collaborating between departments as part of a larger company
- Excellent ability to effectively interface with customers
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
Locations: United Kingdom; London, UK or other UK