Business Segment: Global Operations Global Law & Policy
Location(s): United States ; District of Columbia; Washington DC
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Provides effective and responsive administrative, office and related support to the Global Operations Legal ITC Center of Excellence.
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Proactively support internal customer by independently handling all assigned administrative duties and taking direction from and balancing the needs of multiple staff members.
2. Providing administrative support to clients through effectively maintaining and coordinating calendars, scheduling appointments and meetings, making travel arrangements, telephone coverage (if needed), filing, processing and reconciling T&L expense accounts, handling various purchases and making AP invoice arrangements.
3. Schedule, plan and organize all logistical details for in-house and off-site meetings, training and events.
4. Develop PowerPoint presentations and other graphic presentations; type various correspondences both in own signature and in manager’s signature.
5. Provide general office administrative services.
6. Maintain records in online systems.
Qualifications/Requirements: Qualifications: 1. High School Diploma, GED or local equivalent.
2. 2 years secretarial/administrative experience
3. Must be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(20) or a protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Desired Characteristics: 1. Associates degree with administrative professional coursework with 3 years experience in a corporate or professional business environment in an administrative role OR 5 or more years of experience in a corporate or professional business environment in an administrative role.
2. Knowledge of general office management and current computer/office communications technologies; expert in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
3. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior level management and corporate contacts.
4. Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to maintain confidentiality and handle matters discreetly
5. Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities.
6. Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
7. Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
8. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with senior level management and corporate contacts
9. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills including strong grammatical skills
Locations: United States ; District of Columbia; Washington DC
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.