Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): Czech Republic; Praha
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Turbomachinery design team is responsible for Compressor, Combustor and Turbine modules of M601 and H80 engines. Responsibilities involve component/module design, definition, manufacturing and field support. Design team cooperates with other functions to assure product definition meets all related requirements, including stress, life, material, performance, producibility and maintenance.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. The specific tasks include:
· Provide leadership and technical direction to a small team for a specific program / project to meet specific objectives;
· Establish the technical requirements, objectives, timing, resources and funding required and assuring conformance to standards and specifications;
· Manage the project, provide technical guidance and mentoring as necessary;
· Execute plans to achieve goals, effectively communicating results to the customer and document the results.
Qualifications/Requirements: · Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science;
· Significant proven experience in engineering position;
· Demonstrated project management and team organization experience;
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
· Good proficiency in English.
Desired Characteristics: · Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams;
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact;
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously;
· Effective problem identification and solution skills;
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.