Renewable Energy offers its customers solutions for energy production from renewable resources such as wind, solar and biogas. With more than 30,000 installed wind turbines globally, GE Energy provides more than 25,000 megawatt installed capacity of clean and efficient energy. A comprehensive service program supports clients from project development to operation and maintenance, to solutions for network integration and the commercial exploitation of wind energy. In Germany, GE Wind Energy is represented by almost 4,500 wind turbines. The wind turbines are manufactured in Salzbergen, Lower Saxony - GE's European headquarters for renewable energy, where also the European Customer Service and Training Center is located.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.
The Wind Energy EMEA P&S – Special Blades Technician - will be a EU Wind Travel Technician who will be responsible for the internal and external inspections and repair of fiberglass and composite blades, spinners, and nacelles from Category 1 through Category 5.
- Perform composite repairs on internal and external blade surfaces, leading and trailing edge repair while following guidelines provided by Engineering with locations both up tower and down tower
- Inspect and photograph internal and external blade damage, document findings, and assemble all associated paperwork as required to be posted for further action by Engineering
- Execute Lightning protection measurements
- Utilize blade access platforms, boom trucks, and rope access at heights of 300ft or more
- Help in all areas of site preparation (i.e. coordination of labor and materials) with minimal supervision
- Document all work performed using computer based service reporting procedures
- Communicate site status to engineering, customers, and management
- Provide maintenance support and preform large component replacement of wind turbine generators
- Provide wind turbine generator LOTO (Lock Out & Tag Out) support
- Electrotechnical or Mechanical education ("Berufsausbildung")
- Basic composite repair experience (OR Graduate of a Wind Tech and/or Composite program)
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as required
- Ability and willingness to work and climb heights of 300ft or more (G41)
- A valid driver's license
- German and English language fluency
- Ability to read and understand schematic drawing
- Blade access platforms experience
- Rope access trained
- Lightning protection system inspections knowledge
- Understand technology of wind blade construction and repair