Location(s): United States; California; San Francisco, San Ramon
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: In this role, you will be responsible for representing GE Healthcare Life Science products and services to, and maintaining relationships within, Academic, Governmental and similar public sectors organizations within a specific geographic region. A broad knowledge of laboratory instruments and consumables used in these organizations will be required.
Essential Responsibilities: • Prospecting for new customers and business in the territory in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio, and qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel.
• Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, initiating and planning customer visits at all level of the customer organization, and working with the Product Sales Specialists in demonstrating the breadth and range of One Life Science capabilities in assigned accounts.
• Sales negotiation and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, department heads and CXO level personnel as appropriate.
• Facilitating tender responses to customers from the territory, in conjunction with Product Sales Specialists.
• Utilizing internal sales tools, maintaining CRM and coordination of relevant GEHC LS personnel to the accounts as needed to meet business objectives for the accounts.
• Growing and developing revenue at expected sales margins, whilst using the breadth of resources available such as leasing and GoldSeal.
• Working with GE Consumables distribution partners to maximize revenue from the territory for GEHC LS Consumables Products.
• Developing and maintaining a full understanding of the GE HC One LS value proposition and a high level knowledge of competitive products and services.
• Achieve annual revenue targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting, by prioritizing selling time to generate sales volume, through territory penetration and opportunities prioritization.
• Maintaining satisfactory after-sale relationships and development of long-term customer relationships coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs.
• Communicating current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
Qualifications/Requirements: Required Qualifications: 1. Education to Bachelor Degree level or the equivalent of five years of sales experience. 2. 3 years of strategic sales experience. 3. 3 years experience in healthcare. 4. Proven key account management and project planning skills. 5. Strong influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive collaborative culture at all levels. 6. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. 7. Proven track record on relationship building skills. 8. High level presentation skills; able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact. 9. Previous Life Science capital equipment and or consumable sales experience 10. Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a complex, matrix team structure 11. Strong preference for candidates located in San Francisco Bay Area
Quality Specific Goals 1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position 2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines 3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required 4. Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies 5. Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or Country / Int’l Law is broken 6. Ownership of order and configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy, configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs. 7. Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
Desired Characteristics: • Sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation across a wide portfolio of products and service
• Experience working within a complex technical environment in customer facing role
• Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business need (about 10% overnight)
• Strong communication and clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
• To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
• Relationship building skills in a biotechnology environment
• Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Selling skills including customer presentations, price quoting, closing and growing a sales territory
Locations: United States; California; San Francisco, San Ramon
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.