About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction... It is not about your career... it is not about your job title... it is about who you are.... It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters... do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles -people like you!
Role Summary: As Staff Agile Transformer, you will work with GE business unit technical leadership and their teams and coach them on an approach to incubate and accelerate the adoption of new technology at GE. You will lead and facilitate workshops to help the business unit teams understand their product portfolio as well as coach and mentor them through a framework to accelerate digital product development. You will interface with senior management to bring drive a culture of innovation at the digital hubs.
Essential Responsibilities: • Work closely with business stakeholders and technical teams to help them understand and execute an approach to evaluating and prioritizing their product portfolio.
• Accelerate digital adoption by providing training, coaching, feedback, and advice to business unit teams on the Scrum Framework.
• Co-locate with the business unit teams, as needed, to coach them in migrating from project based initiatives to digital product development.
• Participate in creating and/or improving the agenda, content, and delivery of portfolio and digital incubation workshops.
• Identify and coach champions within the business units in order to remove dependencies on external mentors.
• Take an end-to-end view of the program value stream and assess for potential improvements and innovation opportunities.
• Promote and enable development teams to adopt technical best practices to enable business agility, such as test driven development, continuous integration and behavior driven development.
• Lead workshops to develop product charters and artifacts used to determine product funding, go/no go decision making.
• Take an active role in contributing back to the agile / innovation culture within GE.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's or higher degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, analytics or a related field, or equivalent work experience
• Strong experience with technical product management, technical architecture and/or development of software based products or services
• Knowledge and experience with designing and delivering technical products and services using the Scrum framework
• Knowledge of digital architecture and public cloud providers
• Experience with Predix platform
• Knowledge of legacy and modern enterprise application architecture
• Outstanding training, presentation and facilitation skills, including using visual aids and public speaking
• Experience with creating and facilitating workshops or events to educate technical and non-technical audiences
• Willing to travel up to 25% of the time to various US and global locations
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Budapest
Desired Characteristics: • Dynamically adapt to fluid situations to deliver the intended results
• Ability to lead and influence without clear authority
• Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to form productive relationships quickly and create the spheres of influence required for transformational changes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in North America, Europe and/or Asia Pacific
• Fluency in a second language
• Certifications in agile which could include scrum master, agile coach, or product owner
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.