Global Operations is GE’s multi-functional shared services. We operate worldwide, transfer knowledge and work with every GE business to make our company simpler, better and more customer-focused. Our culture promotes innovation, knowledge sharing, and collaboration in an open office environment that has leaders both sitting and working alongside their team. We’re looking for entrepreneurial problem -solvers who are passionate about exploring new, efficient ways of working, while gaining exposure across multiple industries. Join the team and help us deliver tomorrow’s GE, today. Find out more at http://www.ge.com/careers/global-operations/cincinnati
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
The candidate will be part of GE International Inc (General Electric – Italian Branch) and will be involved to support the Stat to Tax Leader for Italy, focusing mainly to the Statutory activities for Nuovo Pignone International Srl Company.
More specifically, Nuovo Pignone International Srl is part of Baker Hughes GE Company and owns more than 90 foreign Branches, which are consolidated into the NP Financials. The position offers a fix term opportunity.
The candidate will be involved in the following tasks:
- Preparation, approval and filing of Nuovo Pignone International Srl, for each FY;
- Chart of Accounts mapping between different ERPs;
- US GAAP to ITA GAAP adjustments;
- Management of FX translation reserve (FCTA);
- General Ledger Entries;
- Account Reconciliation;
- Data collection for internal/external auditor;
- Set up and monitor of accounting processes to ensure Italian compliance;
- Supporting the Consolidated Financial Statement preparation, considering that the Group is composed by several entities, which are located in different countries and prepare their Financials in accordance with local rules and local accounting policies;
- Supporting the team in new projects;
- Supporting any other statutory activity required by the team (especially in the Consolidated Financial Statement preparation).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- English and Italian fluency and Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- EU work permit
- Some relevant working experience in Finance
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles and Tax/Statutory Accounting Practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Preferred Knowledge Oracle ERP
Locations: Italy; Florence