GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The GE Aviation Junior Officer Leadership Program (JOLP) transitions talented Military Officers into successful commercial industry leaders, by completing a challenging, structured leadership development program. In this role you will demonstrate and further develop your transferable skills gained from military service, and apply them to solve complex business and engineering problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and long-term business goals
The JOLP is a unique opportunity to work in three eight-month rotations within the Avionics, Power and Propeller Systems teams. Qualified candidates are selected to start their careers in a two-year rotational training program, which includes on-the-job training, formal classroom training and coaching/mentoring by senior staff. As a JOLP, you may perform your rotations in several different functional or business areas; opportunities may include Engineering, Programs, Supply Chain, Sales, or Marketing assignments. Through these rotations you will develop broad business experience and exposure to GE Aviation and commercial industry. JOLP is offered only to those who have excelled in their military careers, and have a proven record of dealing with challenging, less defined, scopes of work as you will be expected to develop strategies and plans to succeed in a variety of business challenges. During this leadership program you will be expected to: Qualifications/Requirements:
• Utilize your skills and experience to execute business and/or engineering objectives, and effect short-term and long-term business goals
• Provide leadership on assigned projects to ensure financial and/or contractual execution through established company procedures
• Provide program/project management for production and/or engineering development programs/projects
• Lead a multi-disciplinary project team, providing technical direction and drive, to satisfy project deliverables
• Organize and support program and technical reviews with internal and external customers
• Deliver professional, high quality results to customers by managing, expediting and influencing priority activities across our matrix organization
• Manage key business metrics (schedule, cost, etc.) for assigned projects, and generate regular program updates for internal management
• Assist in sales campaigns for new and/or modified contracts and proposals
• Perform marketing assessment of competitors, products and / or services for the Avionics market
• Successfully transition into industry leadership by rapidly developing business and engineering leadership skills, within the commercial aerospace market
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Commissioned Military Officer
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience is preferred Locations:
• Proven record of success throughout military career
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to adapt quickly and eager to develop business acumen and master new roles
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to be accountable for actions
• Ability to solve problems, delegate, and achieve difficult goals
United Kingdom; Cheltenham