At GE Aviation
, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
The internship will be developed in the Manufacturing Engineering team with particular focus on the improvement of the foundry process . In particular with the support of the Senior Manufacturing Manger the candidate will be able to understand the process and support continuous improvement.
We are offering a 6 month internship aimed to start by November.
- Follow the introduction of the printing technology in production on Getti Speciali casting (Crane Pumps)
- Support New Process and Product Introduction (NPI) department on the characterization of the sand printing technologies in use (furanic) and on the phenolic process to be introduced in a next future
- Define through the characterization and the Laboratory test on purchased cores the process parameters to control and the dimensional inspection necessary on the production phase.
- Support NPI Dpt on the edition of a Technical Specification for the purchase of a Printing Machine.
- Master Degree from an accredited university or college in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Management Engineering (wit a focus on metallurgy or materials)
- Laboratory skills (i.e. materials/sand analysis)
- English and Italian Fluency
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- EU work permit
- Passion for excellence
- Project management skills with the ability to develop plans and strategies
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employee
- Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills
Locations: Italy; Beinasco