GE Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace.We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed ... so GE Works. Role Summary:
The Statutory team is in charge to provide Statutory services to the legal entities (800+) operated by the GE affiliates across 31 countries in Europe in contact with the local/regional business controllership teams and the local corporate tax teams. Services scope include filing annual local legal entities Statutory accounts (from Stat filing planning to board meeting and filing to the local regulators including KPMG audit where necessary). Essential Responsibilities:
The role requires collaboration with controllers and also gives opportunity to communicate with external stakeholders of GE.
- During your 6-12 months internship, you will be dedicated to Statutory to Tax division and gain experience both on the job and in a classroom trainings to put your theory into practice in a global corporate environment.
- You will contribute to the preparation of the statutory financial statement based on local accounting rules. This may include preparation of data sheets for the supplementary notes, support the legal entity management, posting the stat to GAAP adjustments to the statutory reporting system.
- You will have the chance to learn the connection between business transactions and accounting and practice your language skills in business environment.
- Dynamic, friendly , international workplace
- Supportive team spirit which helps developing the technical knowledge as well as the soft skills
- Use the accounting technical knowledge in practice
- Opportunity to secure permanent placement within GE
- Competitive salary and benefits
Having active student enrollment for min. 6 months, ongoing final semester is preferred
- 30-40 hours/week working availability is preferred with flexible schedule
- Written and verbal fluency in English, another European language capability is an advantage
- Strong basic in accounting knowledge, preferred: completed at least 4 semesters of accounting courses
- Basic excel knowledge
- Flexible approach and self-motivated with strong team spirit
- Embraces opportunities for learning
- Professional work ethic
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary,