About Us: At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions. Join our online communities to find out more!
Role Summary: Hardware development for Telecom products in high voltage power line environment: Teleprotection and Power Line carriers.
Essential Responsibilities: Responsible for HW design and development, including unit and functional testing of features before delivery.
The developer is responsible for the:
• Writing of technical specifications, design justification documentations, measurement and test reports.
• Definition of product hardware architecture
• Modeling of HW architecture for filter, power amplifier, automatic impedance controller.
• Development of electronic board including analog and digital signals, microcontrollers, digital signal processor, FPGA, DC/DC converter, analog treatment chain based on operational amplifier, filter, etc.
• Iterative development of the features in a timely way per Projects scope/schedule deliveries.
• Definition, documentation and communication of the HW developed
In addition, if the candidate has some software skills for low level software development, the engineer could be responsible for the:
• Embedded software features design and development
• Right use of the architecture as defined by the software lead architect
Qualifications/Requirements: MS or PhD in Electrical engineering for embedded systems and optionally in Software engineering.
Experience in hardware developer for embedded systems ideally in Telecom products and/or low frequency radio-telecom products.
Low frequency power amplifier
Active and passive filter design
Low frequency RF structure design (modulation/demodulation, mixer, etc.)
Microcontrollers and processors ARM, STM, PIC, Power PC, DSP
Sensors and measurement chain
Communication bus (CAN, SPI, or others high speed communication bus)
Communication interfaces (Ethernet, Optical fiber, etc.)
Software (Option not mandatory):
Debugging strategies/analysis with appropriate tools is key
Telecom: Ethernet, CAN, IP, E1, Wifi
Continuous integration with Build system (TeamCity)
Version control system (TFS, GIT)
CAD Electronic: ALTIUM designer for schematic and PCB design or by default another CAD tool.
English (Speak, read and write), mandatory
Desired Characteristics: Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Ability to work independently
Strong problem solving skills
Synthetic reporting to project management and senior management for weekly/monthly reports and Product Releases.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.