GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Lead the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) function for Measurement and Sensing team in Leicester, including a team of HSE professionals to ensure compliance, delivering a sustainable HSE culture of excellence and active participation in HSE activities.
• Participate as a key member of local leadership team, driving compliance solutions and HSE simplification through the business cycles. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Drive continuous improvement and operationalization of HSE programs, procedures, and tools to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and Baker Hughes, A GE Company best practices.
• Vigorously lead /drive HSE operationalization and accountability to all employees.
• Ensure business growth by leading risk mitigation and EHS productivity enhancements at the facility.
• Contribute to the overall success of the business through strong and value added participation, leadership and support of critical business initiatives.
• Integrate HSE into all components strategies, activities and decision making from initial customer inquiry through execution.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with local team, community and regulators.
• Supervise staff of HSE professionals, ensuring they develop and hone technical and leadership competence, participate as effective professionals in driving excellence in performance and culture.
• Strengthen and maintain certification ISO 14001 and other critical excellence certifications.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Health Standards and programs, with effective implementation experience of such programs.
• Participate as an effective team member and colleague sharing ideas, best practices, and learnings to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the overall business.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental or Occupational Safety and health field or equivalent knowledge & experience.
• Significant years of experience in an Environment, Health and Safety discipline.
• Proven years of experience in Health and Safety and Environmental Leadership role
• Supervisory experience of other HSE professionals.
• Credentialing or certification in ISO systems and auditing.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working. Desired Characteristics:
• Strong leadership an influencing skills. Locations:
• Broad knowledge of HSE regulatory requirements.
• Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple issues with competing priorities.
• High energy, self-starter.
• Experience with ISO or equivalent excellence certification.
• Six Sigma Greenbelt trained/certified
• Knowledge of GE or BHGE HSE Management systems.
• Supervision, including development of other career professionals in the areas of technical competency and leadership.
United Kingdom; Leicester