About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction... It is not about your career... it is not about your job title... it is about who you are.... It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters... do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles -people like you!
Role Summary: The Sr. UX Designer has a focus on Interaction Design, and responsibilities to drive the user experience strategy for the next-generation web and mobile solutions leveraging the Predix platform. The candidate will work in a cross-functional and global team with users and stakeholders, and will contribute to the effective documentation and communication of design - via user analysis, workflows, wireframes, leveraging User Experience principles and methodologies.
Essential Responsibilities: You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform
• Conduct design validation sessions with users and stakeholders to reveal deep insights about user and business needs, technical constraints
• Use storyboards/narrative/wireframes/prototypes of varying fidelity to express how a product or service should behave to deliver capabilities in a way that supports user needs, goals, and workflows
• Facilitate user experience design collaborations with individuals and teams from other disciplines
• Multitask and manage the design of solutions in a cross-functional and global organization, in an Agile environment
• Drive the creation of high fidelity graphic design prototypes
• Develop project plans for UX projects, facilitate the discovery phase of projects
• Report on project status, issues, and risks. Identify and mitigate UX risks on projects
• Interface with UI implementation teams to ensure correct realization of UI prototypes
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with experience in IS, IT, or Computer Science)
• Experience in a usability role (research, visual, or interaction design
• Strong understanding of Agile/Lean UX methodologies
• Strong Facilitation skills, leading in-person and remote teams in co-creation sessions, creating wireframes, workflows and prototypes.
• Proven experience with Axure, Balsamiq, or other similar rapid prototyping tools
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.