Lead Service Engineer
- GE Power
- Posted 10/27/2017 11:53:54 AM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Automation & Controls
Location(s): Australia; Perth
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are looking for a professional self-driven person who is capable of work both as part of a team and remotely. In this role, he will serve as customer focal point to support customer’s issue resolution as well as develop service opportunities. In this capacity, you will be the local life cycle management of Control Systems support.
1. Deliver contractual obligations of the Services Agreement with customer:
• Served as Customer focal point. Work with the customer, attend customer meetings. Present a positive professional face of GE in the community and with the customer.
• Providing front line support, cases management and exculpation as required, this will include interaction with the separate site team, different architecture, software and versions.
• Coordinate the interaction between key GE support personnel, drive to case closure.
• Assist with version and sim monitoring and planning across all sites.
• Providing local life cycle management of Control Systems support.
• Provide first line applications/configuration support around software design, system architecture and system maintenance including firmware revision application.
• Provide first line support licensing, &, billing enquiries.
• Providing continuous updates and progressive management and currency of solutions, Security and awareness.
• Facilitating and organized centralized testing of updates and resolution of relevancy of issues, on a representative test bed. The test bed will be located in Perth, however may be used for testing of various site architectures. Equipment in this facility may be co-funded by the customer and GE.
• Enhance GE EHS culture and 100% compliance of EHS requirements of customer as well as GE.
• Travel to variable site per customer request.
2. Fulfill GE Automation & Control (A&C) service need and promote services sales opportunities:
• Deliver revenues per contract billing schedule.
• Conducting technical training to customers.
• Act as primary technical face between the end user and A&C service product management teams i.e.: Distribution of Service Bulletin.
• Working proactively to resolve technical issues at customer sites, managing customer expectations.
• Respond to functional and technical elements of customer request for information (RFI) and directly influence technical decision making processes.
• Support the growth of a strong pipeline through close collaboration with the Sales organization, including sales, Inquiry To Order (ITO) and Application Engineer to support sales growth within the country. Provide a professional technical support and issue resolution experience for all customers during all aspects of the sales process interaction.
• Run standard product training to customers.
• Promoting value-add products and services with the client.
• Educate and advise customers on best practices for upgrading to new products or services to maintain or grow the PowerGen installed base.
• A Bachelor's degree in Automation & Control Engineering or equivalent and minimum 7 years of related experience or a Master's degree and minimum 5 years of related experience.
• Customer service mindset.
• Strong background in Automation, SCADA, Communications.
• Familiar with RX3i serial PLC.
• Experience with Cimplicity and MES software
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and within all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage multiple complicated tasks.
• Team player, quick learner, highly motivated individual.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Willingness and ability to travel within the country 50% of the time.
• Working experience in mining industry.
• Working experience in power generation industry.
Locations: Australia; Perth