Sr Engineering Manager
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 10/27/2017 12:10:42 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Senior Staff Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
• Lead China DS MS engineering team, including people management, staffing, organization structuring, budgeting, base cost controls, compliance and HSE.
• Oversee team Project execution, NPIs, product sustaining to ensure alignment with needs identified by engineering and business. Hold accountable for team deliverables.
• Responsible for individual and team development, including mentoring, coaching and continue to promote Technical Career Path (TCP) and retain talent. Build strong pipeline on technical expertise and leadership.
• Drive timely and cost effective delivery of defined projects to supplement global growth initiatives for MS business. Drive strong region integration and build synergy within BHGE China Engineering teams and with commercial and cross function team. Create, communicate and drive a clear operating and prioritization rhythm for the team.
• Maintain direct contact with global engineering leaders for technical and project direction and assure MS engineering team maintains direct link with global counterparts and leaders in MS engineering to understand the business opportunities, marketing plan, and drive technology solutions with software.
• Establish and drive productivity metrics while improving solution quality to the customer
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science with at least 7 years’ experience in engineering team. Experience on people management.
• Good track record on team and personal performance and value.
• Energetic, strategic thinking, capable of driving consensus with cross function teams.
• Self-starter and ability to execute with limited supervision.
• Strong interpersonal & influencing skills; excellent communication skills.
• Strong environmental, health and safety ethics.
• Green Belt Certified (GE Employees only); BB Certified would be a plus
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai