Role Summary: Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to design discussions.
Essential Responsibilities: • Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Strong professional experience
• Front-end knowledge: Angular • Backend: Java, Spring (especially Spring Boot and Spring Security) • Python • Git / Maven
Desired Characteristics: Technical Expertise:
• Master’s Degree/ PHD in Computer Science
• Very strong professional experience
• Experience in some of the following fields: software platforms, image processing, user-interface design, clinical applications, analytics, cyber security, distributed / web / enterprise applications
Personal and Leadership Attributes:
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
• Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit.
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.